Tips for Caring for Your Live Decorated Holiday Tree
Your holiday tree from Jackson & Perkins needs no special attention to look its best! However, if you want to help it remain fresh and healthy all season long, here are a few tips:
• When the tree arrives, remove it from its planter, set it in the sink or onto a saucer, and water it well. When the water has drained, place the tree back in its container.
• Place it in a cool area, away from heater vents.
• Water it periodically (once or twice a week) throughout the holiday season.
• Snip off any bent branches or brown needles as they arise.
Planting Your Holiday Tree after Christmas
Your live tree is intended for enjoyment over the holidays, but in certain circumstances you may be able to extend its life by planting it outdoors after Christmas. (Our Frosted Holiday Trees cannot be planted outdoors.)
Here are some tips for caring for and transplanting your evergreen:
• Follow all of the instructions listed above, paying particular attention to finding a cool location inside your home to display the tree.
• As soon as possible after the holidays, remove the ornaments, lights, and outer container from the tree. Set the tree in its plastic nursery pot in a cool but frost-free location outdoors, such as a garage. Let it acclimatize for several days in this location.
• Cut the plastic pot carefully away from the tree and its roots, keeping the root ball and soil intact. Immediately plant the tree in a hole in full sunshine or partial shade, setting it to the same depth as it was in the container.
• Water the tree in well. Do not add any fertilizers or growth stimulants until spring.